Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dear American Concept of Customer Service

I appreciate that you want to help. I understand that you have been trained to introduce yourself, ask certain questions, and say certain friendly phrases. But there are a few things that you should know:

•Go away and let me shop. It's creepy being followed.
•I didn't need anything five minutes ago, and I still don't.
•I promise I have a good memory. I know you work here, and if I need you I can find you.
•If I am looking for something in particular, I would rather look for it than talk to you about it.
•Again, I promise that if I need something, I will ask you.
•Cutting someone off in your rush to open the door for them may not be as polite as you think.
•Just actually be nice. Not fake rehearsed cue card nice.
•If I say I want something specific, don't try to sell me something else that costs way more.

Thank you. I assure you, if I need anything, I will let you know. Don't call me. I'll call you.

Sincerely,
Valued Customer

No comments:

Post a Comment