Thursday, May 21, 2009

Too Much

We leave in a week and a half.

Our house is full of junk. Most of it to be gotten rid of. Some to be thrown away, some to be given away, some still to be packed. The piles keep getting mixed up.

I have a cold--maybe a sinus infection. I've been working on packing, and kind of sick, all week. And all feeling sorry for myself because I'm leaving and I'm packing and I'm hot and tired and sick and why isn't anyone calling me and AAAAHHHH!

I want to work of some stress at the gym, but as forementioned, I'm sick. And antsy, which aren't a good combination.

I just found out for sure that I have Celiac Disease. (intolerance to wheat, barley, rye, or anything containing a derivitave of them, or anything that has touched them!) I've been gluten free for a month, but it's official now. So unless it's a certain brand of yogurt or fresh fruits and veggies, I have to think hard and look it up before I eat anything. I'm living at least 2 meals a day on fruit and yogurt at the moment because I just don't have the time or mental energy to think about it!

And the Digestivo (the dr. I went to about being celiac) says that my thyroid function is low, and I should quick see an endocrinologist before leaving (in a week and a half) to get that regulated since I won't be able to go to the dr. in the U.S. til the end of June. Another appointment. Fun!

I get about one online translation a day, freelance. Just a couple bucks, but it's good exercise for my brain.

We have company coming tomorrow. A friend of Paul's who knows we're moving but desperately needs a couch to crash on. We've warned her--she can crash on the couch, if she can find it! But even among all the moving mess I feel the need for my house to look nice for company.

And did I mention that we're moving in a week and a half? We have a place to stay for the first week but still haven't taken care of the car rental there, closing out accounts and things here, etc. A lot of that was supposed to happen this week and didn't because of stupid being sick.

It's too much. I. CAN. NOT. HANDLE. ONE. MORE. THING.

That's all for today.

I hope Memphis is nice, because I'm not moving again. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment