Monday, April 20, 2009

Letting Go

It's been forever since I've posted. I guess I figured I'd have all this stuff to process, and I totally do. I just haven't had time to sit down and do it! I'm sure that when I'm in Memphis and don't know people I'll have plenty of time to sit down and think--hopefully not TOO much time :).

I've been thinking a lot lately about letting go. Handing things over. It's a hard thing but a good thing at the same time. Saturday was my last time leading service design. I lead music two more times, and then I'm done.

I went away from the service on Saturday feeling like things were in good hands, and that's exciting. It's just hard to let go.

Troy talks a lot about holding things with open hands, and I'm trying to remember that. This is God's church, not mine. God's worship ministry, God's service design team. It's not that I'm giving up something that was mine--I'm handing off something that was never mine in the first place, and hopefully handing it off better than when I found it.

God, help me to trust you with leaving and hold them with open hands, realizing that after all, your grip is the one that matters, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment